Ambay Software can provide Sentencing Guidelines App training courses delivered at your Bench location and organised by either the local Magistrates’ Association Branch or by the MATC or BDTC. We provide either separate Apple iPad and Android devices courses or a single combined course to support all users of the Sentencing Guidelines irrespective of device or tablet. Weekdays these normally start late afternoon 4.45 p.m. to finish by 7.15 p.m.
The training courses are designed to allow one of your more technical Magistrates or Legal Advisors to deliver future training and refresher events for new Magistrates joining the bench. We can also provide in advance train-the-trainer assistance where your Bench wishes to provide their own tailored course.
These are links to the Apple iPad and Android tablet training resources.
- Using the Indexes & Search to create Favourites
- Using the PDF Viewer
- Fines Calculator
- Drink Drive Disqualification dates and other utilities in brief
- Adjournment Dates
- Customisation & Setup
- Adding your own documents
The course agenda can be customised to include any specific topics required by your own training plans.
The course is delivered using a combination of instructor-led demonstration, reinforced with sample offences for the Magistrate to work through. The Sample Offences used in the training can be customised for your Benches’ typical mix of case listings; however these are not designed as Judicial exercises but to simply to locate content within the App or test the use of utilities.
These are the items that need to be provided or discussed.
- Laptop and Display Projector – most Benches have one of these for training.
- Optionally, buy a copy of the iPad projection software called Squirrels Reflector £8 and install to Laptop.
- Optionally, download a free copy of Android VNC Viewer (free) and install to Laptop.
- (We will bring along) WiFi Hub to support connection between tablets and Laptop on the same WiFi network.
The training courses are provided free of charge but we must cover our costs of travel and accommodation (if necessary). Mileage is claimed at MoJ rates of £0.58 per mile or train fare & parking at cost. We are travelling from the Coventry and Warwickshire Bench, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
To discuss in more detail please contact Nick Harrington via email@example.com or call 0845 612 5789 to discuss your Bench requirements.
This is a list of our course deliveries:
- Quorum Club (Oxfordshire) at Faculty of Law, University of Oxford 28/12/2013
- Central & North London Magistrates, Highbury Corner Mags’ Court 20/05/2014
- Lancashire Magistrates, Preston County Hall, Wednesday 17/09/2014
- Worcestershire Magistrates, Castle Street, Worcester Monday 29/09/2014
- Black Country Bench AGM, Walsall, Saturday 18/10/2014
- MA AGM informal sessions, Stratford, London, Saturday 08/11/2014
- Berkshire Bench AGM, Wokingham, Tuesday 18/11/2014
- Wiltshire Bench, Chippenham,
Tuesday 25/11/2014 Tuesday 20/01/2015
- Birmingham Bench, Sparkhill, Birmingham, Tuesday 14/04/2015
- High Wycombe Bench, High Wycombe, Saturday 04/07/2015
- Milton Keynes Bench, Milton Keynes, Saturday 20/06/2015
- North East London Magistrates Association, Thames Magistrates' Court, Bow Road, London E3, Saturday 4th July 2015
- Magistrates' Association Coventry & Warwickshire Bench, Cryfield Old Farmhouse, Warwick Business School, Tuesday 04/08/2015
- Magistrates' Association Birmingham Branch AGM, Birmingham, Saturday 03/10/2015
- Magistrates' Association Annual Conference, York, Saturday 07/11/2015
- Redhill Magistrates' Court, 2.00 p.m. Thursday 03/03/2016
- Quorum Club, St Cross Building, University of Oxford Tuesday 24/05/2016
- Magistrates' Association Coventry & Warwickshire, Jury Assembly Room, Leamington Spa 7.30 p.m. Tuesday 09/08/2016
Worcestershire Bench Monday 29th September 2014
Wiltshire Bench, Chippenham, Tuesday 20th January 2015
High Wycombe, Saturday 6th June 2015 (exchanging contact details iPad and iPhone style)
Milton Keynes, Saturday 21st June 2015
Coventry and Warwickshire Bench, Cryfield Old Farmhouse, Warwick Business School, Tuesday 4th August 2015
Oxford Magistrates Quorum Club, University of Oxford, Tuesday 24th May 2016